What is the story?
Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo has packed down Barcelona’s Lionel Messi to gain the UEFA Champions League goal of the time. UEFA has just announced the list of the top 10 goals from the 2018 to 2019 Champions League season, with Ronaldo’s squad stage stunner against Manchester United in Turin leave-taking Messi’s extraordinary free-kick beside Liverpool in the semi-final initial leg at the Camp Nou ahead.
In situation, you don’t know….
Even though charming their particular international leagues, Ronaldo and Messi both fail to gain the Champions League current season.
Messi’s 51 goals in 50 entrances in all oppositions this season evidenced to be not enough to monitor Barcelona to a different Champions League glory as the Catalan titans bowed out of the opposition from the semi-final phase against Liverpool. Although the mercurial Argentine did achieve to varnish the European promotion as the top scorer this season with twelve goals to his name, he unsuccessful in inspiring Barcelona to a Champions League victory.
On the other hand, Ronaldo also unsuccessful to-motivate Juventus to what would have been their first Champions League summit since 1996 as the Italian titans were surprised by Ajax in the quarter-finals. Ronaldo, who recorded in both legs of the quarter-final tie, over the period with six goals to his name in Europe.
The sentiment of the problem
UEFA has in recent times assured the list of the top ten goals scored in this season’s Champions League on their site. While Ronaldo’s strike counter to Manchester United conquers first spot, Messi’s spectacular free-kick goal against Liverpool positions second in the list.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United vs. Juventus) – group phase matchday four, 11/07/2018
- Lionel Messi (Liverpool vs. Barcelona) – initial semi-final leg, 05/01/2019
- Sadio Mané (Liverpool vs. Bayern) – round of 16-second leg, 03/13/2019
- Ivan Rakitić (Barcelona vs. Tottenham) – group phase matchday two, 10/03/2018
- Leroy Sané (Hoffenheim vs. Manchester City) – group phase matchday six, 12/12/2018
- Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain vs. Manchester United) – round of 16 initial legs, 02/12/2019
- Raheem Sterling (Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Manchester City) – group phase matchday four, 11/07/2018
- Ousmane Dembélé (Tottenham vs. Barcelona) – group phase matchday six, 12/11/2018
- Philippe Coutinho (Manchester United vs. Barcelona) – quarter-final second leg, 04/16/2019
- Luis Suárez (Liverpool vs. Barcelona) – semi-final first leg, 05/01/2019
Messi and Ronaldo are both now gearing up for their national team responsibilities with Portugal and Argentina correspondingly. While Portugal will aspect Switzerland in the UEFA Nations League semi-final, Argentina will play in the Copa America 2019.